The St. Louis Internship Program (SLIP) connects businesses with the next generation of talented and diverse workers, provides critical hands-on job skills for young people and builds a stronger community through our educational and career programming.
We want to make sure that every student we touch understands the value of education, graduates high school, pursues post-secondary education/training, and ultimately secures a career and sows a seed back into the St. Louis community.
Year-Round Program Model
- Intensive application process including written application and oral interview with program staff
- Ten mandatory Saturday Training & Development Sessions that teaches students employability skills in addition to orientation and placement workshops
- Basic work readiness skills such as dress for success, professional etiquette and interpersonal communication provide insight into professional work culture
- Job seeking skills such as resume writing and interviewing skills help students see that acquiring professional positions can be possible
- Practical work skills such as computer and office equipment operation give students tools they need to be effective in an office setting
- Paid, eight-week internship in professional settings
- Post-secondary planning activities including ACT Prep and field experiences to universities
- Career field experiences to local businesses and leadership programs
- Specialized career development programs that provides technical and practical skills (i.e. SLIP Mock Trial Institute, Healthcare Internship Component, etc.)
SLIP provides its students with post-secondary planning resources to assist with the students’ post-secondary endeavors. The program offers ACT prep and tuition assistance, scholarship offerings, scholarship notifications and a variety of other helpful programs.